The following list contains potential questions that you may be asked during an interview for a housing position.
- How do you manage conflict within your staff team?
- What do you feel is the role of University Police or Public Safety officers in the context of residence halls?
- Share your experiences working on committees?
- What do you think are some of the challenges of living where you work?
- How do you assess the needs of your staff?
- How do you assess the needs of your living community?
- How is supervising a graduate assistant different from supervising undergraduate student employees?
- How do you respond to overly involved parents/guardians?
- Do you have any facilities management experience?
- What is your programming philosophy?
- How do you resolve conflict (between students, between staff, between colleagues)?
- What would you do to make sure that all residents feel included? Especially underrepresented students?