Multicultural Affairs Questions
The following list contains potential questions that you may be asked during an interview for a multicultural affairs position.
- Tell us about any experience you have had with first-generation and low-income students.
- Discuss any experience you’ve had working with students of color.
- What have you done within the last year to improve your cultural competence?
- Do you have any experience responding to biased incidents?
- Share with us your multicultural programming experience.
- How do you respond to students, faculty, or staff that may not see a need for a multicultural affairs office?
- How do you define systems of oppression?
- What do you think are some barriers to success for students?
- Do you have any experience mentoring or advising students?
- What theoretical practices do you utilize when working with underrepresented students?
- What are some of the challenges that multiracial students face?
- Do you have any grant-writing experience?